The New Organizing Institute (NOI) is looking for a superstar Operations Finance Associate. The Operations Finance Associate will report to the Director of Finance & Operations, and will be responsible for a wide range of duties within the department and the overall organization. The Operations Finance Associate will play a critical role in taking our high-performing, fast-growing, and fun organization to the next level!
NOI's Mission and Vision
At NOI, we develop the practice of engagement organizing and leaders who are great at it.
We want to live in a world where people live decent, healthy lives and have meaningful opportunities to pursue happiness. We are working to build a society in which people have the power to fight for their interests and values and win victories for their communities. To get there, we are building an organizing culture and set of practices and tools that not only wins campaigns and improves lives in the short-term, but builds stronger communities, people, and democracy in the longer-term.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with all of the organizations back-end bookkeeping to include A/R, A/P
- Assist with organizational collection of all finance documents, receipts, etc.
- Assist with organizational reconciliations
- Collect on all outstanding invoices/invoice creation for programs
- Manage fiscal sponsorship program
- Assisting with Operational support to department and organization
- Contribute to the creation of the Ops Trainings (particularly with Accounting and Finance sections)
- Manage donations for organizations
- Assist with year ending fiscal closing, taxes, and compliance
- Conduct research and present on fiscal compliance for 501©3 and 501 ©4
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA and/or 2 years plus in a finance support role
- Extremely high attention to detail and the recording of detail for financial input
- A passion for finance & operations work with a detail/process oriented focus
- Ability to handle a large volume of work enthusiastically and without errors or crises
- Group problem-solving skills, especially an ability to work with staff to identify challenges, generate solutions, and present recommendations.
- A clear understanding of NOI's values of excellence, courage, respect, and innovation, and a passion for progressive organizing
- Strong writing skills, and an ability to convey passion for our work in writing
- Confidence to interact with external partners, organizations, and clients
Salary is commensurate with experience, at a minimum of $60,000. Health, Dental, and Vision benefits included, as well as a progressive vacation and holiday time package.
Please apply for this position by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Operations Finance Associate position."